Old October 26th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Sjoerd

Default Stupid european airlines require Thai visa before boarding

"Thomas F. Unke" schreef in bericht
"Sjoerd" writes:

Nothing stupid.

Here are the official rules from Thai Immigration:

Yep. And the Thai officer is making a decision if he let me in or
not. It is not the duty of a stewardess to check this.

It is when the airline can be fined THB 20,000.

Especially when I tell her that I'm fully responsible for my flight and

that I will
pay for my return flight in case I'm refused entry.

The airline may still be fined THB 20,000.

The other poster had an even more extreme example: He arrives with a 2
months visa in BKK, but his return flight is 6 months later. The
airlines threaten not to transport him. This is not the responsibility
of the airline to control my onward travel.

You are under no obligation to fly with any airline, but when you do, you
have to follow their rules. If you don't want to, you can also take the bus.

Sjoerd