Old April 7th, 2007, 05:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Rog'

Default Rome, Coast to Sperlonga & Amalfi Coast Trip

"Rog'" wrote:
The Amafi coast was a great drive. We did it from South to
North in the off-season month of April, which meant driving
on the cliff-side of the road...

Clarification: ...as opposed to the sea-side. Hugging the inside
of the cliff was less scenic perhaps, but also less hair-raising.

The autostrata: The first time we came to a toll ticket dispenser,
there was no other traffic for me to follow by example, and for
the life of me, I could not figure out how to get a transit ticket.
I looked all over, then finally pushed this round button. DOH!