Old August 6th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Sam

Default BEST ALL-INCLUSIVE BARGAIN?

I haven't heard many great things about the DR and the food is pretty
bland. Cuba is a better option but I guess you Americans can't go
there? Although I really love Mexico, the problem is that Mexico "IS
MEXICO" and there is inconsistent quality and standards. A lot of
comments have been made about the poor air conditioning in all hotels,
plumbing issues, and inconsistent service. Mexican workers make
little money and any foreigner visiting is considered wealthy. If you
have any kind of problem at the hotel you had better hope that your
agent or tour operator can help you.

With that said, I am going to Cancun Mayan Region in September,
probably for the last time. I am crossing my fingers and lighting
candles to the gods so that we may have a problem free relaxing
vacation ;-)

"Hai Pham" wrote in message
: You can get a lot of good place for $2500 per couple. I will go to
Riviera
: Maya (South of Cancun) and stay at Palladium Grand Resort from
8/3-8/10. The
: hotel/resort is rated 5 Golden Apple by Apple Vacations (6 is the
highest)
: and 4 star by Expedia ( 5 is highest). I booked through a discounted
place
: and get 8% discount and it is Apple Vacations exclusive. I would get
10-12%
: discount if I just did it online (and get the rebate) but I choose
to do it
: through a travel agent, he is good you can email me privately if you
want.
: Go to Apple vacations and look for then book through a discount
place.
: For us it cost around $1000 per person include airfare from
Philadelphia to
: Cancun and all the transfer, tips. It would cost more for the suite
but
: $2500 per couple you may get a nice place include airfare.
: