Old April 25th, 2011, 03:41 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

Default Why it pays to shop around various sites for ticket prices

On 4/17/2011 1:11 PM, stonej wrote:
Just a sample of what I found on a request for one ticket LAN to DCA
for roundtrip of 5-24 to 5-29

Nynak - $310
Expedia - $271
Priceline - $271
Travelocity - $271
Orbitz - $310
Hotwire - $310

I know that is not every site but a general representation of what you
will probably find.

Use Kayak which gathers prices from all of those sites except perhaps Nynak.

One thing I found a while back is that one reseller was very good about
looking for two one-way fares on different airlines when it would be
cheaper than a round-trip on one airline, while other sites were not so
good about this, but I can't remember which one.