Old December 26th, 2005, 12:25 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Weather in May - Capetown & Garden Route

Hello Ned,

I would say the best time to visit the area is from Feb to April
beautiful summer days, occasional rain, not the rainy season though.

If you check the webcam site http://www.midafricam.co.za on the
Gardenroute all you will see is beauty, Cape Town and the Garden Route
are excellent choices. Renting a car will be a good choice as the Garden
Route is maximum 5 hours away to George, largest town on the Garden
Route, the rest of the attractions are at least 60-100 km away from
George www.george.co.za

Regards
Justin Miles
Midafricam - your choice of webcams on the Garden Route
www.midafricam.co.za
Email:

Catherine Milton wrote:
Hi Ned,

As you said, it's early winter in South Africa at that time of year, and
winter in the Cape means it's the rainy season. There is no predicting when
the rain will start. I lived in Cape Town for 9 years, and consider March
to be the best month, as there's less wind, cooler weather, and the rain
hasn't started yet. May is not too far into the winter, so you'll probably
have fine weather, but there are no guarantees.

Shamwari is a very popular Game reserve, and very convenient for the Garden
Route.

Are you joining a tour group, or doing self-drive? If you need any
assistance with bookings, I'll be more than willing to help you.

Catherine
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za
African Bush Tours and Safaris
P O Box 232, Rouxville, 9958, South Africa
Tel (+27) 051 663-0170 or Mobile (+27) 082 490-5485

"Ned" wrote in message
ups.com...

Can anyone advise on the likely weather conditions during May in
Capetown area. Also along the Capetown to Port Elizabeth route.
I know it is getting into the early winter, but is it a good time to
visit these areas. Also thinking of visiting the Shamwari Game Reserve
during this holiday.
TIA,
Ned