Old November 25th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Wazanexpat

Default advice on accomodation

Hi - I was asked by Bridgie to help out, so I hope this little lot is
of some use!

Lesedi is about 30-45 mins drive from Sun City; In the Hartbeespoort Dam
area there are some very nice guest houses (these are private houses
where the owners let a room for the night, all quite reasonable), as
well as a very nice place (speaking from experience!) just nestling in
the Magaliesburg range, Mount Grace:

http://www.grace.co.za/mount_grace/

Though it is probably not somewhere you'd stay for just an overnight,
as well as the fact that when we stayed it was about R1200 for the
weekend for the both of us in "Thatchstone village" - the prices have
really gone up!

I would recommend you have a look at this website:

http://www.guesthouseassociation.co.za/

It covers all the provinces of South Africa and is pretty comprehensive.
My wife suggests that the best thing to do if you are staying in Cape
Town for ten nights would be to rent a house (self catering) as this
would be better value for money than ten nights guest house or hotel
accomodation. We are going to Cape Town in February and have been
checking out places too, these are some of the better sites:

http://www.sa-venues.com/self_catering_nationwide.htm

http://www.capestay.co.za/

http://www.cape-venues.co.za/

http://www.allcapeaccommodation.com/

http://www.wheretostay.co.za/

Anywhere that is right in Cape Town is going to be pretty expensive
because of the tourist convenience factor, but you also don't want to
stay too far out.

Also, if you have a copy of the lonely planet guide for South Africa, be
aware that it can be a bit too "Politically Correct", so keep a sensible
head on while travelling around.

Hope this is of some help, any more questions, please feel free to ask!

Regards,

Paul.