Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dusty Furtile Morrocan

Default the Csango country: a black hole in the guidebooks

On the particular moment of Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:47:41 +0000 in
relation to Mary's disappointingly immaculate rumpy pumpy, Jack Campin
- bogus address put forth:

I have been trying to find out something about the Csango region of
Romania (a small part of northern Moldavia which has been ethnically
Hungarian since the 18th century and still preserves some archaic
features of Hungarian culture, in particular some interesting music).
It seems to be unknown to any recent guidebook. Anybody know a source
that describes it properly, with features named in both Hungarian and
Romanian?

Although the region fascinates me, I know nothing about it. Have you
checked out the Romanian newsgroups?
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com