Old March 17th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Default Help! (Newbie) Flying Family to Austria in Summer w/o Going Broke?

Steve_DM schrieb:

My wife and I are moving from California to her hometown near
Innsbruck, Austria, for a year with our kids, ages 4 & 6.

What concerns me is the summer-rate airfares! Google, Travelocity,
etc. are showing July and August 2004 departures at $2,000+/person!
OUCH!!!

Does anyone have any strategies or recommendations for snagging lower
airfares from CA to Europe in Summer? Our ultimate destination is
Innsbruck, but I don't especially care how we get there (within
reason)-- as long as it doesn't cost us $8k-$10k...

You might try to buy open year returns to Innsbruck or MUC.

Regards & X-post, ULF