Old September 26th, 2017, 08:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Athel Cornish-Bowden

Default Paris metro line 4 to line 12

On 2017-09-26 02:05:59 +0000, David Metzger said:

Which is the shorter walk at Marcadet or Montparnasse?

I've never been to Marcadet-Poissonières (as far as I remember) but my
guess was that as it's a less important station than Montparnasse the
distance would be less. However, on checking a bit I suspect that that
is WRONG, because Marcadet-Poissonieres was created by joining two
stations that were orginally separate with a long (70 metres) tunnel.
I'd put my money on Montparnasse, though that won't be short either.
However, someone who's actually made the transfers at both stations
will know better.

Whatever you do don't take seriously the "entrance" to Châtelet that
you can find at the Mairie de Paris: you'll find yourself walking
halfway across Paris underground to get to the actual station.

--
athel