Old May 11th, 2013, 05:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
JohnT[_8_]

Default scandinavia

"David Hatunen" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 May 2013 00:45:12 +0000 (UTC), Erilar
wrote:

Martin wrote:
On Thu, 09 May 2013 18:40:15 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:

On 09/05/2013 6:23 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
On 5/9/2013 5:28 PM, Martin wrote:
David Hatunen

Did you try a sleep mask?

Hand out free on long distance flights.

It's years since I've been given a sleep mask on a long haul flight.

I have never been given a sleep mask on a flight, regardless of the
time
of the flight.

I've always been given them on flights from Europe to Australia.

It never occurred to me that I might need one. I had never been that
far
north before.

Even as far south as The Netherlands the number of hours of darkness
is short in summer. There must be places in the USA that have a
similar lack of darkness in summer. In Fairbanks for example

As my dog will be pointing ere long, it will get light before I'll be
ready
to get up. Wisconsin days get pretty long in summer.

So also when I lived in Montreal, which isn't really as far north as
one might think, and when I lived in Richland, Washington, which is
further north than one might think. But a lot depends on where you are
in that time zone and whether daylight time is in effect. (which I
reckon it is almost everywhere except here in Arizona and a few other
places).

Richland WA is 958km North and about 8,600 West of me. Sunset today will be
at 21:09 BST.

--
JohnT