Old December 27th, 2004, 12:27 PM
MandK

Thanks for your mail Jim.

Jim Ley wrote:
On 27 Dec 2004 03:43:56 -0800, "MandK"
wrote:

The three cities we absolutely want to cover are Paris, Venice and
Interlaken (read, a trip to Jungfrau).

We have around 15-20 days at our disposal.

3 cities, 15 days, that's plenty of places, don't even think of going
to more, you'd just be wasting your honeymoon travelling, so unless
you have a fetish for vehicular activities you wish to enjoy, don't
bother!

I have looked up ryanair and easyjet and have also worked out 3
different itineraries that will involve flying from Paris to Nice, Nice
to Geneva and Geneva to Rome at 210 euros in all. It sounded cheap to
me and since we were saving time in travelling, we thought we could
pack in a few more places.

So if we travel by air for most part of our honeymoon, would you still
advise against more places?

f) any reliable sites that could help us figuring out decent
accomodation at nice prices if we book right away?

Venice and Paris you should be able to get pretty good prices that
time of year, the weather won't be brilliant. I'd probably head

south
later as that will give you the best chance of having any warm
weather, but you'll be lucky to get anything really.

Weather... well I have never been in europe in winters so I am clueless
about the winters. Since we will, however, be travelling in feb-march,
what kind of sight-seeing would you advice in Paris and Venice?
Any places that are closed for tourists in winters at these places?

g) any general pointers you could share as far as "to do and not to

do"
things are concerned in these countries/cities.
thanks in advance,

Do less! do not travel so much!

You can always come back, assuming you're both young and working, it
needn't be a once in a lifetime trip.

I get the message... :-) we haven't really crystallized our plans.
These pointers will help a lot!
Thanks again.

MandK

Cheers,