Old March 27th, 2006, 02:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Costa Magica....I'm back....

Want pictures of toga night, LOL. Welcome home!

Diana

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hey all...I am back from the Costal Magica. I had a good time! I had
somewhat dimished expectations in some ways based on some bad reviews I
had read over the years, but I was surprisingly pleased about any number
of things....

It's clearly a "fun ship" Italian style...which leaves something to be
desired at times lol, but there were places one could relax of course, and
the adult pool in the aft. The food turned out to be the biggest
suprise....it was generally quite good! Room service breakfast
....awesome chocolate croissants and free capuccinos! But then again,
there were a couple nights in the dining room when there were dancing
waiters and blasting music (like...unreal loud on Italian night and Island
night.) Excellent pizza...prosciutto and nice cheeses on the buffet line,
as well as calamari and mussels on the buffet as well! It was a spring
break crowd of sorts, aka, lots of families, kids, teenagers, etc., but
nothing totally out of control, although the main pool area was nonstop
activities and party...not my thing but then again I went to the aft pool.
Huge ship with 2500+ on board, and only the pool area felt crowded.
Everything else seemed to work out alright, even the buffet area. I
thought Toga night was a riot actually. Some excellent musical acts,
dance floors in every bar and lounge, and people dancing in multiple
venues well past midnight every night. In fact, this ship didn't start
slowing down until 1 am ever.

Some very pleasant areas of the ship from a design/decor standpoint and
some really ugly ones, lol. In fact, the ugly dining room I have ever
eaten in....but some very nice rooms as well, such as the main theater,
the piano bar, the Spoletto lounge. So a mixed bag on that front. Some
awful art and decor (big laser prints I called them) and some very nice.

In any case, I was glad I went and had wonderful folks at my table and of
course met a variety of other interesting people as well, and not so many
obnoxious ones, but certainly some, and of course some drunk teens lol.

Jeff