Old April 3rd, 2007, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
William Black

Default Eurostar generates ten times less CO2 than flying the same routes

"Iceman" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 3, 9:02 am, "William Black"
wrote:

Travelling by bus, except you can't travel to India by bus any more
because
the USA has turned a reasonable proportion of the intervening terrain
into a
war zone.

Believe it or not, that was a popular road trip in the 1970's.

Which is why I typed 'except you can't travel to India by bus any more'.

Heathrow is a hell hole run by morons with a security fixation, KLM
loses
your luggage so cutting Heathrow out and going via Holland from a UK
provincial air-port is a non starter as well.

Suggestions anyone?

Get a flight from Manchester that stops in an efficient, medium-size
European airport - can you fly SAS through Copenhagen, or Austrian
through Vienna? Lufthansa flies to a couple Indian airports, just
connect through Munich or Dusseldorf instead of Frankfurt if you can
help it.

My sister flew there with Lufthansa from Birmingham.

I'll think about it and if I can get a cheap enough flight I'll try it.

Mind you, she said it was awful, with only one meal provided, and they
didn't turn the lights out for people to sleep.

--
William Black

Time for tea.