Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Shawn Hirn

Default Driving from Phila. to Jacksonville

In article ,
Shawn Hirn wrote:

Hi everyone;

I have to attend a business meeting in Jacksonville, FL on Feb. 20th. I
have to be there at 8:00am. The meeting will run all day. I intend to
extend my stay in Florida to a full week for some R&R and to visit
family who live in Vero Beach.

Thanks everyone. I decided to defer my long trip to Florida until August
which is the next time a space shuttle launch is scheduled for when I
would be able to see it (if NASA doesn't delay it).

I sat down yesterday at my computer and decided that since I have never
been to the Jacksonville area before, why not just explore that area? I
heard that Jacksonville, itself is nothing to get excited about, so I
ended up arranging for a long weekend in Saint Augustine before my
meeting, then I will fly home from Jacksonville right after it.

I will save Vero Beach and the other areas much further south in Florida
for August.