Old February 13th, 2012, 04:58 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air
bill

Default Beverages purchased airside banned from carry-on?

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:19:55 -0500, Fly Guy wrote:

bill wrote:

On a recent trip I bought a bottle of XO Cognac I saved a few of the
(drink bottles) we had for breakfast and filled six of them with the
remaining alcohol. because each bottle was 100ml in size I was
allowed to take them all on board the aircraft.

You are a deeply sad person.

How so?

I do the same thing. I save empty 50 ml bottles of liquor and re-fill
them at home and bring them with me when I fly. Sometimes 4 of them at
a time. I always get them past screening with no questions or issues.

Why bother?

The stuff isn't that expensive.

--
"Hopefully the fair wind will resume, or this may well take all day."

Admiral Collingwood on being becalmed under the guns of six French ships-
of-the-line at Trafalgar