Old August 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Joe Makowiec

Default Where to find historical weather averages?

On 05 Aug 2013 in rec.travel.usa-canada, Don Wiss wrote:

I have always found it hard to find historical weather on the web.
Most sites are geared to forecasting. What I'm looking for is
average highs, average lows, and precipitation for different
locations.

An example of what I'd like is on the right side of this page:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g...w_Hampshire-Va
cations.html

But it only covers 6 months. I want 12.

Then I go to another city and this chart does not appear:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g4...h_Carolina-Hot
els.html

What is really needed is a site when you enter a town or zip code
and such a chart is displayed. And even better if there was a way to
compare a bunch of cities.

Weather Underground allows you to enter variable dates in their history
page:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/

You'll need to enter your destination and view a date, then click on
the custom tab to get your choice of date range. A bit of
experimentation seems to indicate that the limit is one year.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/