Old July 9th, 2006, 10:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jim Ley

Default Madrid to bid for 2016 Olympics

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:45:32 -0700, Citizen Ted
wrote:

IMHO, the summer Olympics should be held at Athens in perpetuity. They
invented the Games and it is the Athenians to whom we tip our hats
when we consider the spirit of the Games.

Erm? No it's not The games are clearly a function of Dr Brookes and
Baron de Coubertain, neither are greek gentleman.

Generally you seem to be confusing two seperate activities, one is the
games, the other is the excuse that can be used to convince people in
democracies to strike through the NIMBYism so rennovation can proceed.
Are the olympics really worse than 15 years of delays whilst the
planning process and the courts have their say?

Jim.