Old December 23rd, 2004, 04:58 PM
BruceB

"didds" wrote in message
ups.com...
hi - simple query :-)

family of five, that due to irreconcilable differences between airline
and ferry timetables (:-) will need to spenfd a night in athens prior
to flying home, in summer of 2005.

Seeking a cheap, quiet, clean hotel (3 children under 10 years) close
to the piraeus-airport metro line.

any recommendations?

cheap is a relative term I appreciate ... so just tell me what _you_
know and I can decide if that is cheap:-)
many many thanks in advance

I would think just about anywhere in the Plaka would be convenient, since
you can get the Metro at Monastiraki.

Also, the Plaka is a great location. We've stayed at the Acropolis View and
it's pretty plain, but not expensive. We have decided to pop for something
better and stay at the Electra Palace next time and the heck with the money.
Also in the Plaka.

My favorite source for info on Athens is Matt Barrett's site at
www.greecetravel.com. Looks like Matt's favorite now is the Attalos Hotel
about 2 blocks from the Monastiraki station for around Euro 100 w/o
breakfast for a triple..

Hope this helps you.
Bruce