Old March 12th, 2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default transiting in heathrow en route to dublin..urgent help needed!!!

In message , cookie20
writes

I'm from malaysia and am taking a flight from Singapore to London
Monday
night on a British Airways flight which is operated by Qantas, arriving
at 0620 on Tuesday, after which I am scheduled for another British
Airways codeshare flight, Aer Lingus, to Dublin which is to depart at
0750. That leaves me with at most 1.5 hours to move from terminal 1 to
terminal 4.

Do I have enough time for that??? And I just found out that I have to
pass through passport/immigration control before taking my connecting
flight!!!! Is this immigration counter the same as all passengers
entering the UK use? If so, I think I'm going to have a problem with
the timing!!! I booked all my flights through BA so I guess I should be
able to check in my luggage (and myself) all the way from Singapore
straight to Dublin??? Do I have to pass through immigration once again
in Dublin Airport?

No, there are no immigration formalities between the UK and Ireland,
it's a common travel area - one country's immigration procedures is good
for the other.

after passing through immigration, do I have to check in again for my
flight to dublin?? I'm seriously confused...and WORRIED. Thanks for any
help!!!!

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/