Old January 29th, 2005, 06:47 PM
David E. Bath

In article ,
writes:
Do you recommend any of the ancient ruins in particular? Chichen Itza
looks cool, and we definitely want to see one ruin on a day trip while
we are down there, but we are just wondering which one is the best for
a day trip from Cancun. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I have been to Chichen Itza, Tulum, and Coba. All have their own
pluses and minuses. I expect I will visit each of them again in the
future.

Chichen Itza is large, very impressive, and the most restored but is a
long all-day trip. It has the the impressive pyramid that is often
shown whenever Mexican ruins are depicted and well worth the trip. I
have been there twice.

Tulum is the only significant ruin on the coast and is a 1 hour trip
from Cancun. I really enjoy seeing the ruins and the ocean together
there. I have visited there 3 times.

Coba is the least restored but has impressive ruins that are spread
out and is about 90 minutes from Cancun. I have gone there just once.

--
David Bath - Moderator for rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive