Old January 6th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Hatunen

Default US going metric?

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 08:23:10 GMT, "alohacyberian"
wrote:

"Hatunen" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:01:55 GMT, "alohacyberian"
wrote:
Yes, and as far as distances and speeds, most automobile computers now

allow
the dirvers to view the readings in metric and speedometers have the

speeds
in both miles per hour and kilometers per hour. I'm still waiting for

someone
to say it's long overdue to revamp the 360 degrees of circles into metric!

KM

Already done. A right angle is divided into 100 grads. See
http://www.mentorsoftwareinc.com/CC/...s/TIPS0999.HTM

My calculator does grads.

I was talking about common everyday use, not scientific applications.

That's not what you said. You said: "I'm still waiting for
someone to say it's long overdue to revamp the 360 degrees of
circles into metric!" If you didn't mean it, you should have said
what you meant.

Well, someone not only said it, it's been done.

In any case, there's nothing wrong with grads for everyday use.
Except that few people use them, a problem that will arise for
any other "metric" system devised (I gather you really meant
"decimal" when you said "metric").

I recall buying a calculator (electronic slide rule) in 1975 that had grads,
but, that's not what most people use and it's still hours, minutes and
seconds, which is again not metric. KM

Grads aren't hours, minutes and seconds.