Old May 19th, 2006, 12:46 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,fj.life.in-japan,soc.culture.japan,soc.culture.thai

Default Japan Sucked, but not the people.

skeptic wrote:
"gknnth" wrote in message
oups.com...
(Why should you eh? Those gooks should speak amErikAn eNgLliSh
right?)

Why should they? They speak it everywhere else in Asia.

Really? What a remarkable assertion!

thus you were unequivocally, brain dead clueless and didn't
know that you were surrounded by thousands of advertisements telling
you where to go, what to buy and what to pay.

So shopping malls in Hong Kong have signs in English telling people what to
do, but Japanese scream about "imperialism" and refuse to have them. It's
interesting.

Actually, the Japanese tend to become quite silent when the subject of
imperialism comes up. Seems to make them feel uncomfortable for some reason.

I've been in Japan for 25 years I do speak, read, and write
Japanese and I have no, zero, zip problems finding precisely what I
need in Akihabara and/or any other part of Tokyo.

If you've been in Japan for 25 years, how do you know what's available
outside of Japan, which isn't available in Japan?

Maybe he makes use of the Internet to glean information from informative
fellows such as yourself.

Japan doesn't
need you and has been doing just fine without you for more than a 1000
years of its civilization.

Really? They seemed to need resources and conquered other countries
recently. But failing that, they depend on American capitalism to
survive... unless an American wants to buy something, then it's
"imperialism" so they do not deserve to buy anything.

Um, these days a majority of Japan's exports go to markets outside the
United States. It's a global economy, and America is just one (big)
market among many.

Scott Reynolds