Old January 31st, 2009, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.misc
NY Traveler

Default Car and driver in Bangalore, India

grusl wrote:

"William Black" wrote in message
"Grob" wrote in message
Actually I used this same guy recently in Bangalore. I did not have a
good
experience with him. He is a thief. When he takes you to a shop or
a restaurant, the owner of the said place gives him a commision.

Welcome to India...

Pick your own places or watch your driver collect his commission...

Well ... my guess is the OP is the driver or his agent, and the 2nd posting
is his rival. Certainly, both posters are Indian.

I'm more than happy to provide Bangalore visitors with some driver and car
and options from my own experience here.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Well, George, I am neither the driver nor his agent. I have no idea who
the 2nd poster is, and I'm guessing he's never used Manjunath(too
co-incidental that here's a guy who responds like that right away), or
even been in Bangalore, just being a b*ll-buster. I posted this because
business is slack for every driver now, and I thought it would be nice
to put out a reference for him. I haven't ever done this before.

I've used City Taxi and other options in Bangalore, and was not as
satisfied overall as with my preferred driver. I still use City for
short jaunts(2-3 hours) like a trip to the Forum mall, and a/ricks for
1-way travel since he doesn't do the short hours other than airport
drops or pickups, but if I need an 8 hour or more driver, I call Manjunath.

I haven't posted in these newsgroups before, so I haven't read your
other posts, but you should share your experiences with other readers.
As someone who typically spends 1 to 3 months at a time in Bangalore,
usually in Indiranagar, I would like to know about experiences others
have had in obtaining services such as cooks or housekeepers for the
longer term visitor, or what the best menu/value for Sunday brunch is at
a better restaurant, but I guess that would have to be on another
newsgroup, I'm not sure. So far, I've depended on the services of an
agency in Marathahalli, but their background checks seem to be rather
skimpy.

Regards,

George (yes, I'm a George too!)