Old February 1st, 2009, 04:47 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.marketplace,rec.travel.misc
grusl[_4_]

Default Car and driver in Bangalore, India

"Alan S" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 01:19:19 +0700, "grusl"
wrote:

Well ... my guess is the OP is the driver or his agent, and the 2nd
posting
is his rival. Certainly, both posters are Indian.

I'm more than happy to provide Bangalore visitors with some driver and car
and options from my own experience here.

George, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to India last march,
as you probably know from my blog. My interests are made
clear in the blog.

That time I did the Golden Triangle; Delhi/Agra/Jaipur. I
intend to visit again next year. I realise you may be a
little biased to Bangalore, but I'd appreciate suggestions
for a start/finish point choice for a one or two-week visit,
starting and finishing at either Bangalore, Mumbai or
Chennai.

I shall put something together in the next few days. I'm currently in
Bangkok en route to Vietnam. Actually I'm not really that pro-Bangalore. The
traffic and pollution are getting out of hand and the infrastucture is
crumbling as we speak.

Depending on what you're interested in, off the top of my head you could
consider Mahaballipuram in Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Hampi in Karnataka,
Kochi and Wayanad in Kerala and Hyderabad, or via Karwar on the northwest
coast of Karnataka and on to Goa. Further afield you could consider the east
coast from Vishakapatnam in Andhra Pradesh (take a detour to the Araku
Valley) and up to Puri and Konark in Orissa via the splendidly named
Gopalpur-on-Sea.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore