Old September 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default The Gower - any personal thoughts?

On Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:57:18 PM UTC+1, Tim C. wrote:
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 05:33:18 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman wrote in post :

:

We're shortly to spend some time in the Gower.

I've done all the maps and obvious internet guides etc.

Are there any personal tips out there beyond the normally featured?

I was at Swansea college in the late 70's. Ok things have changed since

then, but my favourite places were Three-Cliffs bay (especially at high

tide, as it's cut off from Oxwich Bay then(you'll have to walk through

woods on a rough path to get there then), and walk out to Worm's Head at

low tide across the rocks.

The Welcome To Town pub in Llanrhidian was one of my favourites.

If you have a car, a drive up along Cefn Bryn past Broad Pool and Arthur's

Rock, and nearby is also Parc Cwm long cairn, a small excavated burial

chamber.

Pwlldu beach, a pebble raised-beach not easily accessible by car, and

there's also the Culver Hole at Port Eynon.

--

Tim C. Linz, Austria.

Thanks so much for your very positive remarks - all verified since I was already there when you posted! :-))
Indeed, we rented a flat with a view directly over Arthur's Stone!
Did the glorious walk down to Three Cliffs Bay.
Saw all your other suggestions and a lot more!
Gower really is a gem, unrealised by many.
Thanks again.