Old September 20th, 2016, 09:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
-hh

Default Rhein cruises

Talis Mann wrote:
-hh wrote:

Arrived - Frankfort. Rental company was probably AutoEurope.
[...] Only complaint was that with five adults & bags, it
was tail-heavy, so the nose got a bit uncomfortably light when
cruising above 120mph, especially in the rain.

Maybe there should be a little less of the lead foot if it was
like that at 120 mph - or was that 120 km/h?

Granted, the limited sections are now typically 120kph (75mph)
limits, but the "120" here was listed in units of mph, not kph.

If memory serves, the first good free run was to 225kph, but as
this lightness manifested, discretion concluded that the free
sections which occurred later were kept down to just 180-200kph max.

Initially, it was a bit of a disappointment as this A6 had a nicer
motor than our Audi at home, but after unpacking the boot at the
first hotel stop, I then realized just how much baggage everyone
had packed saw that it was weight imbalance problem, not design.

-hh