Old May 30th, 2008, 10:05 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Bob Myers

Default India maps

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
i...

"Bob Myers" kirjoitti

I carry a GPS with me everywhere I go (any one of
several, but most often a Garmin GPSMap 76). Simply

I have that piece too. I don't use it for car navigation any more but
otherwise it will do just fine. It has a long battery life which I
appreciate a lot.

Yes - it's a bit bulky by current standards (I've also
got a PDA which includes a GPS, but I haven't found
a utility for it yet that will do a decent job of duplicating
the GPSMap's functions), but on the other hand that
also means a decent-sized screen and usable controls.

If someone doesn't think a GPS (maps or no maps) can
come in handy when traveling, well, you're not using
the thing right...

Bob M.