Old May 21st, 2004, 05:49 PM
OcnGypZ

Default Polarizing ships, innocuous ships

Subject: Polarizing ships, innocuous ships

The looks of a ship are very important to me, but certainly not more so
than the things you mention below.

Howie..... of course, they are.. to you.
But you are NOT just anybody.. and of course, you are a discriminating
cruiser!!

I've talked to so many people over the years... who have cruised.. who really
don't remember what ship they sailed... or even what the ship looked like.. and
have done several cruises... still not remembering.. they just know they had a
good time.

Conversely, there are those who will only cruise with one line. So.. all they
know is how that one line operates.. what it offers... what it doesn't. They
refuse to cruise with any other line. Without trying something else, they have
no basis to say such and such cruiseline is the best...because they cannot make
a comparison.

Frankly, I favor the decor of the Deutschland......but I don't pick a ship
based on decor. One of the best cruises I did was on the old Pacific
Princess.. and she certainly wasn't much to look at really.... but
oh.......everything else about the cruise experience was fabulous. The rate was
not inexpensive either. The weather was terrible........but still a terrific
cruise.

Babette