Old November 3rd, 2004, 07:53 AM
Marc Lurie

Yellow Fever is a legal requirement in many African countries, but
you're not often asked for proof of vaccination.

The cholera vaccination is apparently not particularly effective, but
it is a legal requirement is several countries. I asked my travel
clinic to put "Cholera exempt" on the Yello Fever vaccination
certificate, and sign and stamp it. When I've had to show officials,
they see the word "cholera" and see the stamp, and are satisfied.

Marc

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:41:56 GMT, Not the Karl Orff
wrote:

In article , "Bobby"
wrote:

I'm going to Kenya next year (February) for two weeks (my 25th anniversary).

I live in the UK.

I'm not sure what injections I need to get before I go. Can anyone advise

Yellow fever, not that i was ever asked for the certs in S. Africa and
Hong Kong on my way back. or in Tanzania.

Typhoid (available orally)

Malaria (oral)

Hepatitis A & B are always good

Cholera is useless.