Old December 30th, 2003, 05:05 AM
Henry

Default RTW which countries when?

Andy wrote:

I live in London and Indonesia will be the first stop

Right. Two things, then. First, 'doubling back' is not a problem with
the Star RTW because all it does is add distance and you pay based on
the distance--so they don't care much about that. However, you should be
aware that any gaps in your air-itinerary still count toward the total
distance of your ticket. For example, if you fly from Oz to Los Angeles
and make your way by train, bus, car, etc. to New York before flying
back to London, the air-distance from LAX to JFK is included in counting
your total, even though they're not carrying you on that sector.

Using the countries and the sequence you described, the following
airport itinerary will get you basically where you want to go:

lhr-jkt-bkk-sin-kul-pnh-sgn-vte-hkg-pek-nrt-bom-syd-lax-jfk-lhr

Now, I don't know if all of these sectors are in fact possible (if there
are direct flights, for example, between Vientiane and Hong Kong), but
just for general information--if you plug this itinerary into the Great
Circle Mapper

http://gc.kls2.com

you get a total distance of 38,456 miles. That might be cutting it a bit
close to your limit of 39,000, since the Star Alliance has their own
system for measuring these distances and it is not quite the same.

Good luck.

cheers,

Henry