Old January 7th, 2007, 09:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
s.s. Rotterdam

Default Questions about the Maasdam

Cat. D is midships and cat DA is fore and aft the D cat.
All cabins do have two lower beds which CAN be combined into a queensize
bed.
If you don't like a queensize, just ask your cabinsteward to split.

Willem

"D. Wilkinson" schreef in bericht
: We are booked on the Maasdam 35 day North Atlantic cruise departing July
: 7th. Have never cruised on HAL. Really looking forward to this cruise
: as I have always wanted to go to Iceland and Greenland.
: Beds under the windows kind of defeats the propose of having ocean
: view.
:
: Bev Klein wrote:
: We're considering a transatlantic trip on the Maasdam in July and have
: been looking at the HA deck plans on their web pages for this ship. Are
: the cabin layouts shown on their web pages correct - or just
: schematics? Can't understand why they would put the bed under the
: windows so that you can't see outside from the couch. We're comparing
: categories D and DA and can't tell if there are any differences (except
: in price); both classes are adjacent to each other. And the cabin
: descriptions tell you nothing about the bathroom space.
: Have any any of you sailed on her in these cabin categories? If
: so, what was your experience then? Can you point me to a recent review
: by a traveler on this ship. Thanks in advance for your help. Elias
Klein
: