Old September 12th, 2009, 01:28 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
blacklight[_2_]

Default Australia's Nullarbor Plain

On Sep 11, 1:35*am, "Peter Webb"
wrote:
"blacklight" wrote in message

Dog Rusty and I spent several weeks crisscrossing the amazing
Nullarbor. It’s called the flattest place on Earth. In the north, the
railway runs straight for 478km (297miles) without a bend. *Once we
camped where the moist climate of the ocean meets the dry air of the
inland. That’s a battle line and produces the fiercest sunrises I have
ever seen (like the one athttp://www.oz-greetings.com.au/photo/8.

Nullarbor means "no trees". Your nullarbor photo is of a tree. Are you
trying to take the **** or something?

Hi Peter, apologies for late reply. The geographical extend of the
Nullarbor is much larger than the actual 'nulla arbor' part. The
geographical Nullarbor is delineated by the largest continuous
limestone block in the world - with a variety of vegetation.
Greetings - Klaus