Old August 27th, 2004, 04:28 AM
AC

The fact that nothing's happened since the "colours changed" means little.

If you change your oil every 5000 in your car, and it doesn't break down, do
you try to extend that to 20 000? I don't think so... Insurance is
insurance, whether you feel like it's giving you "value", or not.

"31A" wrote in message

Zoeliz wrote in message ...
ou only need to have 7-8 bad guys on a plane.

So which are the flights not to go on? I'm planning a trip between the UK

and
the US in a few weeks and I'm getting frightened of taking the trip.

Despite regular alerts and warnings, and elevated 'threat colors' since
9/11, nothing has ever happened.
Which is not to say that it couldn't, but that the odds of your being
involved are infinitesimally small.

The administration will of course claim that nothing has happened because

of
the alerts, warnings etc. etc., a stance which (conveniently) cannot be
proven or disproven. If we knew when or indeed if Al Q'aida will strike
again, we could dispense with 99% of the current security nonsense. But
since we don't, the Jacobsen School of Paranoia rules.

Relax.