Old January 13th, 2013, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Cruise Critic, Banned!

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:19:21 AM UTC-8, Brian K wrote:

Norovirus like any virus is spread by hand to mouth/nose/eyes or any

part of the body you touch after touching a surface where the virus is

present. The key is to wash your hands frequently. Having a hand held

shower is not going to make any difference. As for cleanliness, whatever

did people do before hand held showers? They used a washcloth and

scrubbed. Then they rinsed. If you put the towels and washcloth on the

floor when done, you will get fresh ones when the room is made up. I

believe you mentioned going camping. I have gone camping and have yet to

encounter a bidet or hand held shower. What did you do there? By your

line thought the norovirus must have run rampant throughout the camp site..

Well, first off, camping I am not packed asses to elbows with thousands of strangers. I am in complete control with the food I eat and how it is prepared. If I camp for just a day or two, everything is disposable, used once and then discarded. If I camp for longer I am very meticulous about cleaning. There are some very nasty diseases to be picked up in the outdoors. Noro would be something I'd pick up from the supply store.

Besides, I am nearing the end of my camping days. My body just doesn't take crawling out of a sleeping bag to vist the commode like it did when I was younger.