Old May 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

Default Scenic routes Boston-San Francisco

wrote:
7- 10 days each way

Here's my challenge: I want to drive cross-country, Boston-San
Francisco, but I have to persuade my wife -- who thinks the
nation has become one big strip mall

She's right, but O so wrong!

looking for suggestions for a northern and southern route that
would take through the most interesting countryside.

Any route you choose will be filled with wonders and spectacle. All
you have to do is decide what types of things you prefer to see.

My choice would be to go via Buffalo, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee,
Minneapolis, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Seattle, Portland, San
Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Caņon de Chelly,
Carlsbad Caverns, San Antonio, New Orleans, Atlanta, and the District
of Columbia.

Twenty days, however, is many too few for a trip that's likely to
exceed seven thousand miles.