Old May 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Scenic routes Boston-San Francisco

On Apr 29, 5:59 am, wrote:
Here's my challenge: I want to drive cross-country, Boston-San
Francisco, but I have to persuade my wife -- who thinks the nation has
become one big strip mall, with golden arches and starbucks shops. I'm
looking for suggestions for a northern and southern route that would
take through the most interesting countryside.

My husband and I are looking at doing the same thing, but SF to
Boston. We don't want to spend more than 5-7 days driving, but we
want to at least have some interesting dinners planned along the way.
We're thinking of starting each day at 4am, drive for four hours and
stop for a short breakfast, then drive pretty much nonstop until 8pm,
when we will stop and have a good dinner and get a good sleep. So
we're looking at the fast roads--not a sight seeing trip, but a
relaxing way to spend time together and get the car across country.
Let me know what you end up doing.