Old February 22nd, 2009, 09:23 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.railway,uk.politics.misc
Mel Rowing

Default Ryanair to abolish check-in desks

On Feb 21, 10:13*pm, "tim....." wrote:
"disgoftunwells" wrote in message

Will they change their policy of not allowing on-line check-in for the
entire group if travelling with a toddler in the party. Or will it be
more efficient to insist that toddlers are checked in with the rest of
the hold baggage?

I wonder what they will do after they get a few fines for allowing people
with Non EU passports to travel to a country that they don't have a visa
for!

Passport control is nothing to do with airlines.

They check your passport at the boarding gate anyway to ensure that
you are the person named on the boarding pass. If upon reaching your
destination you are refused entry then they are obliged to carry you
back. That is of course, provided you still have the documentation to
how who carried you in the first place and do not claim asylum.

I think I have had my last flight with Ryanair. It's no longer the
deal it used to be. My latest jaunt was by Swiss International from
London City. I can recommend London City over the others for a start.
My flight took me straight into a main airport and not one 100 miles
away.We thus saved on transport costs at the other end, We had an
allocated seat and refreshments were served en route. It cost us just
over £30 extra.