Old November 29th, 2015, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Happy.Hobo

Default Milan to Bucharest by train?

On 11-29-2015 09:55, Paul Aubrin wrote:
On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:43:47 -0600, Happy.Hobo wrote:
Recommendations for which TRAIN route to take from Milano to Bucuresti ?

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en
Several legs, either by Insbruck (34 hours) or Wien (30 hours).
Only 2hours 15mn and 20€ direct flight on Ryanair.

Hmmm. That sight offered me nothing the other day. Another site had
too many choices, hence my post for suggestions.

bahn.de today gives me four choices, two under thirty hours that include
three hours bus, and two about forty hours all train. All four go
through Wien. I thought from looking at train maps that I'd go through
Zagreb.

I guess I'll plan three trips of about thirteen hours each.

I also see that flying to Timisoara is cheaper than Bucharest.

Thanks!