Old February 18th, 2016, 09:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

Default Milan to Bucharest by train?

On 2015-12-04, Giovanni Drogo wrote:

(*) the main fact is that such trains depart from 2 (3) different
stations. This makes no difference when you arrive at MXP, you catch the
first train to Milan (wherever) and then continue by metro. But when you
are leaving, you have to decide in advance where you take the train from
Cadorna or the train from Garibaldi (from Centrale it is just a waste of
time via the "umbrella handle"), so actually the frequency is halved.

For an outsider it is confusing, especially when you need to catch an
onwards train. Hopefully I'll make it to Porta Garibaldi in time.

Coming in late to Malpensa, I've booked a hotel in Case Nuove right next
to the airport. It's an easy walking distance for me, but looking at
the roads on google streetview, walking doesn't seem like a good idea
particulary when you consider it will be dark and the drivers are Italian.

There's a shuttlebus between the two terminals and it looks like there are
bus stops, but the airport webpage has no information on stops outside
the terminal.