Old August 4th, 2006, 09:43 AM posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default "One bag" travel, which bag is best?

RPSinha wrote:
[Reposted with enlarged group list. Please leave rec.travel.air intact,
I can only access replies there.]

I am going to experiment with doing away with checked luggage and try
traveling with just one carry-on. This will be for a few weeks, a few
countries, everything from planes and trains to back country buses.
So this bag needs to be pretty versatile: strong, light, easy to
organize etc, and resistant to dust and water. I found two intriguing
suggestions in http://www.onebag.com/bags.html : the Red Oxx Air Boss
and Tough traveler Tri-Zip. Both are about $225.
Om Kenn Rosenkranz (foertidspensionist)
http://www.webspawner.com/users/nudunu/index.html

Another suggestion was Rick Steves Convertable carry-on bag; $99.
http://travelstore.ricksteves.com/ca...ction=product&
theParentId=8&id=139

Do you have any expereince with these? Or, do you have another
recommendation?

Finally, do you find any particular *colors* either very good or not so
good for rugged travel? (My "one bag" is likely to take more beating
than if it had been just one of several bags with me.) The Red Oxx
comes in 12 colors, for example:
http://www.redoxx.com/catalog/carry-on/p_91018-air-boss.html

Thanks.

Be sure to chose a very robust bag