Old April 3rd, 2005, 01:41 AM

Lowell wrote:
Hi -- Has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, staying at the
Vagabond Inn in Hollywood, California?

Thanks!!!

This is a wonderful motel. Hourly rates and discounts if you don't
dirty the towels. Crack cocaine is available just outside of your room,
no need to search for a supply. Dressing up as a prostitute will not
raise an eyebrow, even if you are a football player sized man. The
sheets are vintage Hollywood. You might be sleeping in the same bedding
the Black Dahlia was murdered in. All the romance that is Hollywood.

Stayed in the Vagabond several years ago when my Hollywood apartment
was being fumigated. Awoke the next morning to find my purse on the
other side of the room and emptied of money and credit cards. True
true.

Hollywood is best seen from inside a locked moving automobile. The
only thing on the blvd. is t-shirt shops and dingy coffee shops. Lived
and worked in Hollywood for years and never saw anyone famous on
Hollywood Blvd. The Chinese Theater is worth a look but the rest is
scary.

If you must stay in Hollywood, stay in an upscale hotel.

Universal Studios has an area called Universal city. It is a
recreation of the Hollywood you think is the real Hollywood. It's free
and there are some decent restaurants and entertaining street
performers.