Old September 1st, 2008, 08:05 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_2_]

Default NYC Hotels

On 8/30/2008 11:55 PM Mark Brader scrawled...:
Brian Kochera:

Unless you are taking a train into Grand Central Station and getting on
another train out of there the next day ...

Which is unlikely, since Grand Central is used only for commuter trains.

There aren't any inter-community trains in NJ, Con and parts of New York
State. If I haven't an automobile and I need to get from Pt. Pleasant
on the NJ Shore, there isn't a non-stop from Pt. Pleasant to Hempstead,
Long Island. I did it once. I took a train from Pt. Pleasant which
made stops all along the coastal line terminating at Penn Station in
Newark, NJ From there I took a train to Penn Station, NYC. then I took
the Crosstown, to Grand Central. By the time I got there it was getting
late. I stayed at some roach motel near Grand Central. The following
morning I took the train out to Hempstead.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera