Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Careless smoker starts fire

wrote:

How are anti smokers Nazis? Some of the reasons for real Nazi
persecution were questionable. Being against smoking is for the good
of all. The evidence shows that smoking kills people whether they are
the actual smoker or not. Remember the rights of smoker trash end where
mine begin. If I have to breathe that filth my rights are being
violated. It's sad some people never got past thumb/binky sucking and
need to have something in their mouth. Maybe its just latent Brokeback
syndrome. Its a shame smokers take so long to die from the smoke

BigJim,

Let's take this to the next step, shall we? (Following up on Kurt's
comment "One thing at a time...")

It is frequently stated by the media that obesity is rampant in the U.
S.. Further, it is also stated that health care costs are increasing
because of the care required by the seriously obese. Isn't that an
illustration of someone else's bad habits affecting me adversely
(certainly my financial health)?

Now, how do you feel about all the people who are going after McDonalds
and the other fast food purveyors, because it is alleged that fast food
is a major contributing factor to this obesity epidemic? How do you
feel about someone taking that Big Mac or Whopper out of your mouth.
What about that slice of Domino's pizza? Or, that double scoop of
Haagen-Das?

If rule makers and law makers have the power to take away one right,
what will stop them from taking away other rights? Just as Kurt said...

"One thing at a time..."