Old January 16th, 2007, 03:12 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
the_niner_nation[_1_]

Default Kenya safari..

"Pat Anderson" wrote in message
In message , the_niner_nation
writes
I have plucked up the courage to re- visit Kenya ( I was born there, but
moved to England when I was a young boy) and was wondering if anyone could
reccomend a decent tour company.

Ideally, I'd like a 10-12 day safari with lots of game drives ( want to
especially see elephants , rhinos,buffalo & lion) and maybe a couple of
days
bumming around on a beach after to relax for as cheap as possible...I
have
stipulated Kenya purley for sentimental reasons as I was born there and I
am
curious to see for myself the land of my birth.

I have done an online search for uk operators, but there is absloultey no
way of knowing who are decent or who are fly-by nights...pretty web pages
don't sucker me in so easily!

If anyone has any reccomendations or even general travel tips for a kenya
safari, i'd sincerley appreciate it.

I do know that Nairboi isn't that safe, esp when it gets dark!

thanks so much in advance :-)

Having read what Liz has to say I would agree. I was lucky to live in
Kenya for several years but after returning to UK continued to return on
holiday for many more years. The tour operators here to use are Kuoni and
Somak, they are professional operators and will give you good
accommodation and a fair price. Hans Georg has a lot of experience and a
visit to his site will give you some good advice on many aspects of going
on safari.
Where were you born in Kenya out of interest? By the way, you don`t need
to pluck up courage to visit Kenya, it`s a great country with friendly
people and you will be well cared for whilst you are there.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson

I was born in the aga khan hospital in nairobi, but left kenya when i was a
little boy....i've never been back since we left africa.