Old February 21st, 2006, 04:12 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Booking a cruise

LeeNY wrote:
Tom K wrote:

Visit Peggy's Cove (absolutely lovely, just arrange with a taxi driver to
take you there)

That's a long cab ride. How much would they charge for that? It would
almost seem worth checking into renting a car for the day, especially
if any of the companies have a downtown office. I'm sure the ship
offers an excursion to Peggy's Cove? Not that I'm a big proponent of
ship's tours, but I just did the Halifax to Peggy's Cove drive this
past November. Unless cabs are incredibly cheap, it just seems that
there are more economical ways of getting there.

6 of us rented a van for something like $50 canadian .. (a little more
than 43 cents American ... :-) ) for the ride out there ... on the way
back we found a delightful restaurant called Shaw's Landing in West
Dover ? ... if you decide to take the trip eat there rather than at one
of the tourist traps by Peggy's Cove ... quaint but delicious and
authentically maritime ...