Old May 18th, 2006, 04:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Agents losing turf to travel Web sites, travel association says

Of the comments received in reference to this particular news release, I
think Chrissy Cruiser summed it up best, with... "And they will die a slow
death there if they don't adjust too."

I too operate with what could be considered the old fashion way, providing
that truly "Mom & Pop" service, yet also having access to very competitive
prices. We could charge a service fee, and actually do under some
situations, but providing just an on-line menu for price shoppers is not our
objective. How can we then compete and get the clients simply price
shopping? That's easy. We just let them do all the walking first, then
simple give them our best price on the best price they think they already
found. It's that simple, and it works just about every time

John Sisker, Agency