Old October 21st, 2005, 03:09 AM
Miha

Default This has to be a scam... priceline

wrote:
Miha wrote:
On priceline I put down $10 for EWR-JNU intiniary. Apparently it
accepted because it asks for the credit card and the button says
"purchase tickets"

Does anyone have any experience with this?!?!?!? This gotta be a scam...

Airline Ticket Offer Price: $1.00 per ticket
Airline Ticket Taxes & Fees: $60.05 per ticket
Number of Tickets: 2
Airline Ticket Delivery: $0.00 (Electronic Ticket)
Airfare Subtotal: $122.10
Total Trip Cost: $122.10

You didn't read the terms and conditions over there did you?
Probably the single most common problem with Priceline is folks
not reading the rules. You were making an offer. Priceline
had yet to accept it. They get your payment information
prior to accepting it, and they mark the button as "purchase
your tickets" because if they accept your offer, the sale
is done. It isn't a scam, and it's not for everyone, especially
folks who don't read the rules. But I'm dubious they were
going to sell you the ticket for $10.

Ah... yeah, I tried it - of course it was a no go. Surprisingly,
Priceline quotes more for the same intiniary(sp?) than Alaska.