Old November 26th, 2005, 10:40 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia

Default Bangkok Air-Thai connection at BKK: how much time?

VS wrote:
I will be arriving to BKK on a Bangkok Air flight from LPQ, and
will need to transfer to a domestic Thai Airways flight (these are
completely separate tickets, so I'll need to collect my luggage,
check in with Thai, etc.)

How much time should I leave for this connection? I am thinking 3
hours, but not being familiar with BKK, I'd rather err on the side
of caution.

I did it in under 30 minutes (including the walk to domestic terminal) a
couple weeks ago. But I did not have checked baggage. And I did eventually
become impatient with the immigration queue and stormed over to the
diplomatic queue instead.

If you have to collect luggage I'd say an hour is probably the bare minimum.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 38 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Burma; Hong Kong; Macau; Amsterdam; Grand Canyon; Amman