Old July 6th, 2008, 11:16 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

Default Palace on wheels

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 21:39:59 -0700 (PDT), PeterL
wrote:

On Jul 5, 1:24*pm, anna wrote:
I am looking for any input on the Palace on wheels in India.

If anyone has been on it, would you please let us all now.

I would imagine Dec is a good time to go on it ...correct ?

We have 2 sons- 16 and 13. * I am wondering if it will be fine for
boys of this age ?

Since we are from the US, we would like to do a trip which is
organized as opposed to experimenting by ourselves. Any coach tour or
other organized tour will work fine for us.

We have already been to India 4 years ago and saw Delhi and the Taj
etc.
So this time we want to do something different.
Any ideas / suggestions ?

Best,

Anna

It's like traveling in a bubble, completely isolated from the local
population. You just see the sights. No interaction with the locals,
no eating of the food, no listening to the sound, no smelling of the
environment. And it's expensive as hell.

But, if that's the way you want to travel, more power to you.

Far better off hiring a car and driver. Cheaper, more
flexible, able to see more, and he won't leave without you
if you're late getting back from sight-seeing.

You also won't repeat your visit to Agra.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_s/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com