Old July 18th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Miloman

Default Danum Valley

"Ele" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I'd like to spend some time in Danum Valley and I'll appreciate if
somebody can tell me his experience on this park ...

Are there acdomodation possibility (lodges, hotel etc..)?
How are the joungle trip organized ?
Is Danum valley very turistic ?
Is it easy to find a tour operator in KK for booking purpose ?

See my other reply as well.
There is only 1 place to stay: Borneo Rainforrest Lodge (BRL).
Not many people go here, only nature-lovers so don't expect a 5 star resort.
Partly i presume because it's a tough ride into the lodge from Lahud Datu,
and it's quite expensive....

We've been there twice and will return there some more times. It paradise if
you like pretty much unspoilt rainforrest.
There some trails for hiking, which are very nice but there are some
(harmless) leeches around.
Last time we saw gibbons, orang utan, many beautifull birds, etc.
Paul.